About Our Lab
Laboratory of ‘Nano-bio and Advanced Materials Engineering (NAME)’ specialize in nanotechnology since 2017. Our specialty focused on the synthesis of a wide range of engineering nanoparticles, nanocomposites and metal-organic frameworks. Since establishment, NAME lab has synthesized over thirty types of metal and metal-oxide nanomaterials and our particles have been utilized in over fifty peer-reviewed high impact publications. Hundreds of different variants of material, size, shape, and surface are available in our methodology and we have produced over twenty custom core/shell, biofunctionalized, fluorescent, and magnetic nanocomposites to meet research specifications. All of our materials are supplied with different analysis reports that include electron microscopy, hydrodynamic diameter, and optical data for each batch to guarantee products meet specifications.
To emerge as globally competitive Bangladesh’s foremost research laboratory in Nano-biotechnology and Advanced Materials Engineering and to contribute to the society through application of nanoscience and nanotechnology in the field of agriculture, medicine, energy and environment.
To be a world class research laboratory by creating state-of-the-art infrastructural facilities, engaging outstanding scientists from different branches of science and engineering, encouraging them to carry out their individual scientific research to be published in the best journals along with their mandate to jointly work on interdisciplinary projects to develop devices/technologies based on nano-biotechnology and advanced materials engineering. To encourage all aspects of nano-bioscience and nanotechnology with major thrust on the following areas: agricultural nanotechnology, electrochemical sensors and biosensors, medical nanotechnology, nanotechnology-based solutions for energy and environment.
- Resource building – Infrastructure and Manpower
- Enhance research activity in Nano-bio-Science and Nanotechnology
- Training students in PhD programme in Nano-bio-Science and Advanced Materials Engineering
- Foster interactions between leading scientists of the world in Nano-bio-Science and Advanced Materials Engineering
- Impart advanced training courses & laboratory techniques of nanotechnology at the highest level
- Organizing important national and international level seminars and conferences
- Encouraging innovative and challenging technology/product based scientific projects
- Publish scientific papers of high impact factor
- Generating patents in Nano-bio-Science and
- Advanced Materials Engineering
- Setting up of incubators for translational research (from laboratory to industry)
- Sensitizing public and media about the advantages and safeguards in Nano-bio-Science and Advanced Materials